If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

original industrial owners

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Reading General, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Reading General

Reading General Part of the furniture

I thought a thread of photos of industrials in the livery of their original Owners would be interesting.

26D_M likes this.
  2. 45045

45045 New Member

No access to my photos at the moment, but Hunslet Austerity 3889 (NCB 65) may well still be in its original paint, as it was delivered in 1964 and by the early/mid 70s was out of use as a spares donor. It is now stored at Forest of Dean, or under restoration? Here is a link to a photo of 3889, taken before 1984 http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=372 as well as some OO models in different liveries, they may not be the original liveries though.

Reading General likes this.
  3. 26D_M

26D_M Part of the furniture

Not absolutely certain but I think 65 may have been delivered in the green livery now worn by sister 66 at Quainton? When / if repainted yellow I'm not sure but the photo looks like Cadley Hill Colliery, loco transferred there but never used due to poor mechanical state I believe. The boiler is currently carried by Sapper I think.

4. 45045

45045 New Member

It was always yellow at Cadley and never used. Photo is at the back of Cadley shed. The headstock of the old pit near Stanton is seen in the background, I forget the official name of that long closed pit but was an open cast site at the time, It was on the branch to Bretby (Cadley was on the Swadlincote/Woodville loop)