If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NER Platform Lamp

Discussion in 'Railwayana' started by PICTURE_MAN36, Nov 5, 2011.

1. PICTURE_MAN36

PICTURE_MAN36 New Member

Hello to all.

I am new to this forum, and my apologies if I am on the wrong page, but I would be appreciative if someone can help me with a problem.

I have recently purchased an NER platform lamp from Lambley Station. I am in the process of restoring/refurbishing it. Can anyone confirm what colour it should be?

I have been advised by another collector that it should be a 'light' duck egg blue, or possibly green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The Historical Model Railway Society has published information on a number of pre-grouping railways standard colour schemes. They may be worth trying. http://www.hmrs.org.uk/ Also the NE Railway Association? http://www.ner.org.uk/

3. K14

K14 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Greetings,

If you haven't already gone berserk with the Nitromors & a wire brush, try a bit of archaeology with some wet & dry paper. Odds are that the original colours are buried under a load of subsequent tosh-overs.

Pete.

4. PICTURE_MAN36

PICTURE_MAN36 New Member

Someone has done a good job already. Its currently black, and I know it would not have been this colour when it was on the platform. I'm going for Green I think... although duck egg blue would look good but would be difficult to keep clean. Cheers
    lambley lamp duggleby.jpg lambley Lamp.jpg