If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Mixed Traffic Event, Boness, 19th, 20th,21st June.

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by ruston165, Mar 29, 2009.

1. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Ticket Examiner with First Scotrail on Glasgow Que
    Hi all, we are holding a special event at Boness over the weekend off the 19th, 20th
    and 21st off June
    , which is the Fathers day weekend.

Some details are as follows,

Friday 19th June.

3 Photoshoots will take place during the course off the day, 12pm til 2pm, 3pm til 5
    pm, and 6pm til 8pm. and the price is £30pp.

Subject to availability and more details to follow, should see the following-

A once only opportunity to Photograph the 3 NBR locos lined up, 673 'Maude',
    256 'GLen Douglas' and the Y9 'No 42'.

A once only opportunity to Photograph the 3 BR locos lined up, 65243
    'Maude', 55189 and 80105.

other locos involved will be 246 'Morayshire', NO 1 'Lord Roberts'
    (thomas) and hopefully No 13 'Kelton Fell'.

The photoshoot will take place in Boness Station and Yard where the locos will be
    positioned on both freight and passenger trains.

More info will be posted soon.

Anyone interested in taking part in this Photoshoot should contact me directly
    either by email at ruston165@hotmail.co.uk or by Mobile on 07704797923.

Saturday 20th and sunday 21st June

A 50 minute service of both freight and passenger workings will operate between
    Boness and Birkhill, hauled by both Steam and Diesel locomotives, further info and
    timetables will be available soon. there will also be plenty of attractions and
    stuff for people to see and do at Boness.

A wine and Dine train will take place on the evening off Saturday the 20th June and
    will be Steam hauled, it will be a 3 couse set meal with tea and coffee served
    afterwards.

Tickets are £30pp, spaces are limited and will be a first come first served basis,
    more information and bookings can be made by emailing Chris Lothian at
    clgopher@hotmail.com

More info and details will follow soon.

Lee Sutherland

2. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Hi all, Tickets are selling well for both the photoshoot and wine and dine train, the photoshoot can be booked by contacting myself at ruston165@hotmail.co.uk and for the wine and dine by contacting Chris Lothian at clgopher@hotmail.com

Unfortunately the DMU and EMU will not be in operation over the weekend as previously hoped.

Standard fares apply over the weekend, Day rover tickets are £10 for Adults and £5
    for children.

Over the weekend, 673 'Maude', 256 'Glen Douglas', Y9 No42, 55189 will be on display at various locations within public view in the yard.

A 50 minute service will operate throughout the day, subject to availability and may
    be subject to change on the day, should see the following:

09:00, 37025 and civils works train. Departs from Yard.

10:00, 80105 plus 4 Blood and Custards plus Green and Cream RMB. Departs from Main.

10:50, No1 plus 2 Caledonian Coaches. Departs from Bay.

11:40, 246 plus 2 Teak coaches. Departs from Main.

12:30, 80105 plus 1 Blood and Custard Brake plus 3 Palvans. Departs from Bay.

13:20, 246 plus 4 Blood and Custards plus Green and Cream RMB. Departs from Main.

14:10, D5310 plus 2 Teak coaches. Departs from Bay.

15:00, No1 plus 2 Caley Coaches. Departs Main, Arrives Bay.

15:50, 80105 + 246 plus 2Teaks plus 4 Blood and Custards plus RMB. Departs Main.

16:40, No1 plus 2 Caley Coaches. Departs Bay.

17:30, 47643 plus 4 Blood and Custards plus RMB. Departs Main.

19:30, 80105 plus load 4. Wine and Dine train. Departs main. SATURDAY ONLY

Please come along and support this event, as it is hoped it will lead to a bigger and better event next year.

Regards,

Lee Sutherland

3. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Hi all, as most off you will know, Myself, Chris Lothian and John Spacey organised a
    Mixed Traffic Gala over the weekend off the 19th - 21st June.

I arranged a photoshoot on Friday 19th off June and would like to thank all who
    participated and made it a great success.

Chris organised a Wine & Dine train on Saturday 20th June and i would like to thank
    everyone who booked and made it a succesful evening and it was complete sell out.

We ran a 50 minute service both days, on the saturday we had 6 different trains out
    and 6 different locos, 9 if you include the 3 industrials on stock shunting moves.
    Myself, Chris and John would like to thank everyone who came along and made the
    weekend in whole a great success. A last wee mention and thanks must go to Matt
    Stoddon for allowing us to use D5310 one last time before venturing to pastures new.

If anyone has any photos and/or videos off the industrials shunting stock and 246
    and 80105 double heading the 15;50 on the sunday, i would very much like to see
    these.

Anyway, collection off my photos from the week prior to the gala, photoshoot and gala itself.

http://www.ruston165.fotopic.net/c1715986.html

Hope everyone who attended enjoyed it as much as myself, chris and john enjoyed
    organised and running it. we were still shunting til 23;45 on sunday night putting
    all the toys awayand the 3 off us are absolutely cream crackered, but it was worth
    it, fantastic atmosphere all 3 days.

Best Regards to all,

Lee Sutherland. (away into hibernation)

4. basher

basher Member

Musician
  5. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  6. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Thank you, all we need now is a 'Pip Dunn on tour' headboard. lol. The loco is a Ruston Hornsby 165DE, numbered P6687.

Lee

7. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

My thoughts exactly, 246 was in steam. we had burning rags in the smokebox off 256 at 1 point, not quite the same, but gave a good effect.

Lee