If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Locked Iraq 8F thread

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Martin Perry, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Iraq 8F Repatriation thread

I have had a look back through the Iraq 8F Repatriation thread and am at a loss to see any particular reason for it to be locked - whilst it may not have been the most stimulating thread of all time, there does not seem to be much reason for anyone to ask for it to be ended. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

2. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Re: Iraq 8F Repatriation thread

The other point to note is that just because someone/some group asks for a thread to be locked/deleted, doesn't mean that it actually should be.

I totally agree that there was no need to close the thread and at the very least an explanation should have been offered as to why the 8F group wanted it locked. It's not as though anything said on the thread was new, it had all been previously published in magazines so the thread posed absolutely no threat to the 8F group and their plans.

Keith

3. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Re: Iraq 8F Repatriation thread

The thread was not locked for any bad or negative reason, in fact quite the opposite.

I too was frustrated at it being closed, this was a very interesting thread however sometimes its good to talk, others it's best to listen.

Right now the best action for everyone at this time is to hold their breath, do absolutely nothing.. and wait and see.

I dont think it will be too long before you hear why and hopefully then there will be a lot of new information to talk about.

I will lock this thread for now too, naturally as soon as it's a good time it will be unlocked.

4. Thompson1706

Thompson1706 Part of the furniture

Retired
    Considering that this was a p*** take in the first place how have people taken it so seriously ?
    Yussuf bin Had is well known in Liverpool & pronounced with a Liverpool accent his name in English is Youse have been had !

Bob.

5. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Can I suggest that you reread the last 3 or so pages of the thread - it had moved far beyond the original joking comment (yes we understood the joke!), and had turned into an interesting discussion on surviving locos overseas, the likelihood of them returning to the UK and their suitablility for preserved line running.

Keith

6. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Ive combined both threads together.

But I'm going to lock this one to,

If anyone wants to understand why, I can reccomend going back to Steam Railway editions from around 1989/90 what can happen during idle gossip was well documented their.

Remember this website can be read internationally via google and could distort certain events taking place even if the comment was made in Truth, Jokes or Lies, if read by someone who has differnt ideas and has the ability to prevent it.

In my opinion right now it's best the subject of known (or possibly unknown) Standard gauge British Outline locomotives overseas really not be discussed.
    I'm sure in return those "on the front line" will share their recent discoveries, news and results here when it's safe to do so.

Admin closed the topic and i'm sure all the mod's agree the reasons for it are very sound at this particular moment.

Why not PM rather than open new topics on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.