If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

latest issue

Discussion in 'Steam Railway' started by hughesfowler, May 1, 2012.

1. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

Well after some diabolical reproduction the last two issues have been getting better but in my opinion the latest one is the best gbh has produced under his stewardship.

2. marshall5

marshall5 Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Still haven't received the latest issue yet - so much for subscribers getting it "before it hits the newsstands"! Mind you I'm probably not missing much particularly the World according to Wilcock.Personally I think he'd be more suited to the Daily Mail these days. Definitely thinking of not renewing.
    Is anybody else still waiting for their copy? Ray.

3. Lance Atlas

Lance Atlas New Member Account Suspended

Issue 410

WHO on earth wrote the caption to that picture of 70013 on page 68 of Issue 410??
    Quite clearly someone who possesses little knowledge of the last year of BR steam! I know Les is now getting on a bit, but he didn't seem that senile when I last saw him!
    By May 1968, 9A Longsight shed had long dispensed with steam, so if the picture actually HAD been taken at "Manchester's Longsight Depot" at that time, even the "filthy 'Black Fives'" also depicted would have been "roses among thorns"!
    The shed shown is, of course, 9B Stockport Edgeley. :doh: