If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Jintys

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by matt41312, Jan 20, 2009.

1. matt41312

matt41312 Member

Does anyone have any decent photos of any preserved Jintys in pre-grouping LMS black livery? Preferably colour. We are looking for a side on view to get an idea of the lettering and number sizes, as well as the coulour.

Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

2. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Pre-grouping? Are you sure? A few photos in LMS livery, on the Llan Railway website - here

3. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Oh no!

PLEASE don't paint 47493 in LMS colours. If you have only got BR stock to run with her, much better to stick to the current BR livery. She looks great as she is

I can send you a picture of a GWR pannier tank in BR Black - Far more sensible idea for re-painting if you are feeling in that sort of mood.

4. matt41312

matt41312 Member

Please don't worry John. We are hosting a 40s weekend this year and want to make the Jinty look authentic to the period and plan to use vinyls. The owner wants it kept in BR Black long term but is happy for the occasional change.

If the change is done correctly, it may give the railway a bit of attention in the mags as it is something different. After all, how long has it been since a Jinty was turned out in LMS black?

As for 7715, afraid as it is only on a 14 month loan, no repaint can be considered due to the financial aspect - unless someone wants to pay for it?!? Plus this would have to be agreed with the locomotive's owner and current custodian. Personally I think LT Maroon would be better, to run with our LT stock. Again, how long has it been since we have seen one of these? There are quite a few 57XXs floating around in BR Black right now.

I can see your reasoning for the BR colours but it is the occasional changes that can draw the enthusiasts attention.

Matt

5. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Thanks for the reassurance. Matt. I shall look forward to seeing a repaired 47493 when you re-open, and am really looking forward to a run over the Eridge extension at Easter - whatever livery the loco(s) are sporting.

Agree with you that the Met stock would look nice behind a red pannier.

6. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Don't have any photos I'm afraid, but I believe 7298 (at Southport, then Llangollen) and 7383 (at the Severn Valley) have both carried LMS black at times in preservation.

Hope this is at least of some assistance.

7. 22A

22A Well-Known Member

Administrator
    In that case the colour won't matter as there will be so much grime covering it, nobody will be able to tell! \:D/

8. hjparker

hjparker New Member

I have some shots of 7298 just outshopped in LMS livery at Preston Docks and at Llangollen. Will look them out if I can remember where I've put them - may take a while :-k