If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Jersey Railway No.5 La Moye

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by GHWood, May 20, 2009.

1. GHWood

GHWood Member

Apparently this loco is preserved in South Africa after being sold when the railway closed in Jersey to the Victoria Falls Power Company and is at the South African National Railway And Steam Museum.

Does anyone have a picture of the loco? I can't find one anywhere on the net.

2. Ben Fisher

Ben Fisher Member

Picture of it in 1974 by Bob Francis here: http://ronfisher.fotopic.net/p54371083.html

3. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    That's very interesting. I had thought that the only Jersey stock to survive was one of the railmotors formerly at Pallot Museum, plus (I think) a couple of coaches there.

There are also a number of items on Alderney (Molly 2, plus the sorry remains of the steam crane and the sentinel steam loco) which have been there since just after WW2.

4. Ben Fisher

Ben Fisher Member

The Sentinel railcar body turned out to be from the SG Jersey Eastern Railway one; I encountered it in a pub car park years before it went to Pallot, and at that stage it seemed to be a bit of a mystery on the island. I think it had been a summer house (at Grève d'Azette, from hazy memory?) before that. Still a very rare and special item even if it isn't NG

5. GHWood

GHWood Member

Thanks for that, Ben! Does anyone know if it is still steamable?