If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

East Lancs Gala

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by steamontheweb, Jan 25, 2009.

1. steamontheweb

steamontheweb New Member

accountant
    Many thanks to all at the ELR who were involved in this excellent gala. Particular thanks to Nigel Valentine for organising yet another min-charter which was very enjoyable. My guess is that this raised a substantial sum as it was well attended, despite weather which failed to fulfil its promise - as it usually does wherever I go! Timings were spot on throughout Saturday. My only real grouse (as usual) - the inconsiderate people who stand in the field south of the Caravan Park in hi-viz vests and spoil the shots of those on the edge of the cutting.
    The delayed departure of the Duke at 4pm was disappointing as the sun literally sank behind the trees minutes before she left, but many thanks to the crew for a performance that can only be described as scintillating!

My video record of the Event is below

Mike

http://www.steamontheweb.co.uk/East%20L ... 0Lancs.htm

2. Columbine

Columbine Member

Nice video thanks for sharing it. I gather from the clips showing 71000 that the problem with the cam leaking steam hasn't been resolved at present.

Regards