If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

D9016 Gordon Highlander

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by Victor, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Victor

Victor Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Retired
    http://royalscotsgrey.com/0/2017/02/08/gordon-update/

2. Victor

Victor Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Retired
  3. The Green Howards

The Green Howards Nat Pres stalwart

Layabout
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Goodness, they are an improvement, aren't they?! Forgive me if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but are the small 'triangular' windows at the leading edge of the cab being replaced as well? ISTR they often got plated over.

4. The quarterlight windows were plated over on all production Deltics around the same time that the sandbox filler points were plated over, except for 55020 which was the only one scrapped with its quarterlights intact.

Alycidon had its quarterlights reinstated in preservation during its lengthy overhaul.

I am assuming that the DPS will overpaint them blue when it is painted in a later version of BR blue than it currently carries. Easy enough to remove the paint once it reverts to an earlier livery. I suspect Martin won't reinstate them on No.16 as there is already a huge amount of money to spend on the loco and they are effectively a minor detail

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017