If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cotton Mill 16th May

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by neildimmer, Apr 20, 2009.

1. 8A Rail

8A Rail Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    You need to read my two previous replies again and realise this was not the case especially in the case of Ian Riley's loco's.

Riley's loco's have been well documented having been here there & everywhere in the last few years - that tells a big story in itself. I think what you are forgetting here (prob a temp relapse) is that every loco owner, has got to find ways of paying & maintaining the loco's and therefore must attempt to fill the annual diary with what work that is offered. For the lucky few, occasionally there may be a choice but again it depends when the work was offered in the first place, as there could be a time difference between the offers. Ian Riley is no different and has I'm sure got future loco hiring's which I'm guessing may include mainline & preserved lines. Certainly for example - Std 76079 is already commited for "The Cambrian" again but you dont need to be a genius to work that out. Is that not an agreed commitment of intent?

I think at the end of the day members need to look at the organisers of the Cotton Mill and accept their explanation and not read too much into it. Otherwise one plus one is making five!!! The "Cotton Mill" has been a success and long it continues even with the odd hiccup every now & then.

2. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Let's hope so, there's not much else can do it right now.
    I'm glad you posted that as i went to past times website to do my research..no explanation for the cancelation, but I stumbled across the Flying Carpet from London to Kidderminster.. Riley's loss is KE1's gain.. i'm thinking i'm going to book that one instead.

3. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

You might want to refer to this thread about 6024. Looks like she's still waiting for the results of a tube-plate inspection, to discover whether she has a major problem, a minor problem or (hopefully) no problem at all.