If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Corris Carriage Shed Progress

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by RGCorris, Jan 28, 2009.

1. RGCorris

RGCorris Member

The last concrete was delivered last week, to complete the pit floor. Over the weekend the south doors were fitted and the ironwork above them welded into place, ready for the addition of timber cladding.

Work is underway to clear stored materials so that the haul road into the shed can be excavated and the formation graded in readiness for tracklaying. The Grand Opening of the shed is scheduled for May 9th.

The latest photos can be seen at

http://www.corris.co.uk/

Richard

2. triassic

triassic Member

Been watching your progress weekly since you started, inspirational stuff and congrats to everyone involved \:D/
    Once the shed is connected to the railway whats next? Any signs of an extension starting any time soon?

3. Bongoharry

Bongoharry Member

I just happened across the Corris a few years ago, calling in just on the off chance. The welcome there was so good and everyone seemed so friendly that I signed up, in spite of living miles away in the South East. The shed work began and I decided to do a day's graft - but have always hated the turning up and not knowing anyone. I'll name and thank both Richard Saffrey and Marten Bowtle for making me feel at home immediately. Since then everyone I've come across have been top people and at the moment I can't wait to get back up and get stuck in again. I really cannot praise the society highly enough - if you've ever thought of joining and getting involved you'd do well to sign up asap!

The work on the shed may be drawing to a close but the prospect of pushing south and of getting the new no 10 built is exciting. The line may be short but it is a complete delight and along with everyone else I now love doing my bit to be part of the warm welcome every visitor to the line gets.