If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cathedrals Express - 23/07/17

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Will RL, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MellishR

MellishR Resident of Nat Pres Friend

I was on this trip, so wasn't able to come here to see the pictures and videos until Monday morning, by which time the site was down. Much relieved that it's now up again.

That suited me fine as I've ridden on the avoiding line many times but I don't think I've ever been through Frome station before. We had to wait briefly before rejoining the main line but only briefly.

That was the third surprise. The first, minor one, for those of us waiting to join at Langley was the way the platform indicator kept changing its mind about when our train was due: a few minutes late, more late, on time (just after it should have left), then a few minutes late again.

The second surprise was not stopping at Westbury, where both RTT and the on-train booklet had us stopping for two minutes for a crew change.

I concur with the comments about the diesel. I think it may have helped a bit getting away from a few of the stops, but if it helped at all on the banks it was only minimally.On the return journey, when my coach was right at the back, I could still hear UoSA some of the time but not the diesel. Even through Upwey where we might well have expected a push I don't think the diesel was even taking its own weight.

2. hampstead

hampstead New Member

The sunny eastern part (backlight on return)