If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Carriage PA systems - information wanted

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Southerner, Aug 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Southerner

Southerner New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi all,

Some of my friends are working on resuming operations on the Lithgow Zig Zag Railway, west of Sydney in New South Wales. The railway was devasted by fire in 2013 and it has been a long road back with the aim of returning steam passenger services to the line.

One of the important projects is fitting a new PA system to carriages. The previous system never worked adequately, had poor inter-carriage connections and most of the components have either been destroyed or stolen. Therefore the railway will be starting from scratch.

Is there anyone on here who has any knowledge of or suggestions about the technical specifications of PA systems used in carriage sets on heritage railways in the UK?

We are particularly interested in connections used between carriages that will work in a manner that the rolling stock sets can be marshalled into any configuration needed, but also in the internal elements of the systems including speakers and base amplifier devices that allow both microphones and pre-recorded messages.

Many thanks in advance!

2. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'll PM you