If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bruntingthorpe Open Day, 28th May 2017

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by steamvideosnet, May 28, 2017.

1. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

I visited Bruntingthorpe for the first time this weekend for their Cold War Jets open day. I mainly went to see the Handley Page Victor, XM715 - the Victors have become one of my favourite planes, despite the fact I had never actually seen one in person. Their futuristic design and history have always fascinated me and after my plans for this weekend changed, I had to go up and meet a Victor for the first time.

Here are a few photos from today, featuring XM715, Lightning XR728 and Buccaneer XX900. More will be added as I work through them...

Bruntingthorpe.004.jpg Xm715.001.jpg Bruntingthorpe.001.jpg Afterburner.001.jpg

Thanks to everyone at Bruntingthorpe for their warm welcome today - I'll be back! :) I also strongly advise you take ear protection too... the Lightning in particular is deafeningly loud!

James

Sunnieboy, big.stu, GWR4707 and 2 others like this.
  2. Johann Marsbar

Johann Marsbar Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer