If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Britannia/08 Double Header

Discussion in 'Photography' started by neildimmer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. arthur maunsell

arthur maunsell Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    not so..photography is about the hobby or occupation of taking photos whereas this one has been posted as an archive shot of historical interest. It is of no interest from the photography point of view....

(ps smartass)

2. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Does it matter?

I'd have thought the main thing, if you were a fan of his photos, was to know where to find them. The obvious place to look to me would be in Photography.

If you care to read the Board Index for Photography, you'll discover "For the young and old. If you want tips or advice, or just want share your pictures"

p.s. Thanks for the compliment.

3. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

The photography section is designed for people to post photographs. There are more sections than just Steam Traction or What's Going On, although you wouldn't know it with some people! The threads are about photographs, hence they are in the photography section, if you wish to view them all you have to do is come into this forum. They haven't been removed from public view, all the posts are still here in this forum.

4. arthur maunsell

arthur maunsell Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Its your call but it isnt very logical to have a section offering tips and advice on photography and ALSO being the place to post pictures you might have come across by other photographers (as in this case).

5. Small Prairie

Small Prairie Part of the furniture

Coach Driver
    Your right, its in public view yet you all want to argue if a photograph is a photo . the PUBLIC can see this not just the members , this isnt the way to get new members .

People , just accept that if a photo was taken a while back it is now not a well....what ever ...its still a photo . and yes it is anoying to have 1 photo as an update in a seperate thread each time BUT maybe the way to have done it was to PM the person in question to ask if all further updates were to be put under one topic maybe called "my archive updates" and that would have been nice and easy .

Yet you all seem to have nothing interesting in your lifes i take it as your arguing over a photo that has been moved to the photograph section.....oh dear.

*no , dont bother telling me about my spelling

6. athelney

athelney Member

Retired warranty administrator
    Back to the topic of Brit & 08 shunter -- looking at the photo the steam from the injector overflow & safety valves are going off to the side - could it be backing into the siding ?

7. Victor

Victor Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Retired
    Fair comment James, but it was the way the "request" was made. It could have been put better. Courtesy and good manners cost nothing.

8. Victor

Victor Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Retired
    Edited, double post.