If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bo'ness And Kinneil Railway Photographic Guide

Discussion in 'Photographic Guides' started by jonathonag, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jonathonag

jonathonag Well-Known Member

Railway Engineer
    I've began building up a guide to photography on the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway, in time, it will be built in to a comprehensive and complete database which could be useful to visiting enthusiasts and photographers :

http://jonathonag.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/boness-a-photographers-well-kept-secret/

wazza588 likes this.
  2. alrohomer

alrohomer Member Friend

Retired IT employee
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Very interesting guide Jonathon, some lovely shots, well done. I visited the Bo'ness & Kinneil in 2010 and recognise, and used, some of the locations you mention. Also I took some photos from the road bridge close to Manuel during the run around.
    However one location that has intrigued me for a while, before and after my visit, is the one from which the very first photo in your guide is taken. I realise that it is not one of yours or your friends but do you know where that was taken from?
    Cheers.
    Alan.

3. jonathonag

jonathonag Well-Known Member

Railway Engineer
    The very first photo, the header image of Caledonian No. 419 with the Caledonian Coaches is actually my own photograph ( I don't tend to copyright header images ). It was taken from the Panbrae Road, along from the Bo'ness Old Kirk. However, the location provided quite an open image in the past, is now restricted as underneath where the photographer would stand ( elevated over the lower main road ), some flats have been built. It does mean requiring some cropping.

All photographs included in the guide are my own, apart from the final image which was provided by Andrew Fower ( steam_mad ). The guide will be expanded eventually as a work between ourselves, both being members and familiar photographers and workers on the railway.

4. alrohomer

alrohomer Member Friend

Retired IT employee
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks Jonathon. Just had a look on Streetview and I see what you mean about the flats. Cropping or a set of step ladders would be required.
    Good luck with expanding the guide, local information is always useful to visitors and we get to see some great photos.
    Thanks again.
    Alan.