If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bluebell goods train 2009

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by 73129, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

Hi all I’ve heard today that the Bluebell management has decided not to run the goods train this year. This is because they don’t have the money to run it. Is this a ploy to say the railway are now cash strapped but the real reason is that now the management have upset all the wagon volunteers and there is no one to look after the wagons any more.
    If this is not the case has the extension taken the money away from budget to run the goods train? There must be a lot of people out there that look forward to see a goods train running on galas and special running days.

2. tom92240

tom92240 Part of the furniture

Lazy
    Do you mean a ploy? 8-[

3. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

#-o
    Yes thanks. I've put it right now.

4. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Trustee for the Bluebell Neil Glaskin has said on Bluebell Yahoo Groups that the Goods train does not make any money therfore will not run. All profits made are as we all know being ploughed into the extension.

I hope I have said what was on Yahoo is right?, will someone correctly please if I am wrong on this.

Regards
    Chris Willis

5. David

David Member

water meter reader
    This is what Neil wrote on the Bluebell e-mail group

"The extra cost is the locomotives required to haul the goods trains. As these trains do not carry passengers and the event was considered to only just wash its face the decision (not mine) was to not hold the event in 2009 as a cost saving. Personally it was probably my favorite of the three events I am involved in, but then I am often accused of "playing" by the Guards Inspector at that one! Hopefully it can return in a year or so."

6. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    So it's not quite the same as the OP - the Goods Train will run this year, but it won't have a dedicated gala as in previous years. I notice that wagons will be included in some rakes for the Branch Line weekend.

Regards,

Dan

7. dan4363

dan4363 New Member

Thats a shame because from what i have heard they look smart and act as a good feature at their galas. :smt009

8. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

Read the previous post...