If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

'Along Birkenhead Lines' Steam Gala - Llangollen, 3rd to 5th March

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Jeff Albiston, Jan 8, 2017.

1. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

Some photo's between travelling up n down the line on Sunday: http://daviddepperphotography.zenfolio.com/p58177905#h8511ea64

Thompson1706 likes this.
  2. Clive Hanley

Clive Hanley Member

Accountant
    60017, billbedford and Thompson1706 like this.
  3. Mattylar

Mattylar New Member

As well as the response you have already received, the dicision was made, after advise, that the Black 5 needed to have a few light turns to 'bed in' the newly fitted parts. This is why we had to move a few locos around on diagrams to suit the action which needed to be taken. This dicision was also thought through as I was concerned that the locomotives matched the stock as much as they could.
    The dicision to refrain from using the Thompson buffet was made at an early stage of the planning of the gala as I didn't think it was appropriate for the Paddington to Birkenhead Lines which is what the gala was based on. But I certainly have plans to use it later on in the year!

49010 likes this.
  4. 84H

84H New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    :)Hello all

First post after being a reader of this forum for many years. Just wanted to add my thanks to all those whose time and hard work went into making the Gala special. Can definitely recommend the cooked breakfast at Llangollen Station. Have attached one of my photos from Sunday. Hope it works!

Attached Files: