If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

A ghostly vision?

Discussion in 'Bullhead Memories' started by green five, Sep 3, 2006.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Some years ago whilst waiting for S15 828 on one of it's SR runs my father and I were standing in a field. It was a quiet location with only the sounds of birds for company. We were the only people in the field. I turned round to see a man standing behind us with his photographic gear, a fag hanging from his lips and cobwebs covering him. We had not heard him arrive. He was clearly unaware of the cobwebs. Any way we got talking to the mystery man and he told us about his days on the footplate at and around Woking. This quickly passed the time and 828 passed. The mystery man said his farewell and simply vanished into the hedge when we turned our backs. Had we seen a ghostly enthusiast covered in cobwebs? Well ...............no.
    We have since seen the same enthusiast at Woking station waiting for steam tours on several occasions. Apparently he is well known by Main Line crews and other enthusiasts.

2. davvydo

davvydo Member

College student
    woah creepy !

something like that happened to some friends of ours who were in London on a sightseeing trip and this random guy comes up to them and talks to them about his experiences of the war in london and they took his foto and when the fotos were developed he didnt show up on the picture !

3. Slash

Slash Member

Ballast monkey
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    That'll be Shoddy127's dad, still kitted out in his BR grease top ;)