If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

60163 Tornado Surrey Hills with the Belmond Pullmans, 4th February

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by John Petley, Feb 4, 2017.

1. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Was anyone else out for this? The weather was pretty good this afternoon so I was hoping to see a video of two. (sorry, I only take stills and film at that, so no pictures from me for a while, I'm afraid)

No Diesel on the back either!

I've said this of Clan Line and the same applies to Tornado - it's a pretty heavy train but they make it look so effortless. Only one more run with 60163 (Friday 31st March) before 35028 returns - assuming all goes to schedule.

2. hatherton hall

hatherton hall Well-Known Member

I am a dope. Didn't realise it was running yesterday. Only saying to my brother that there is a dearth of steam so far down south in 2017. Would loved to see it at Egham or Woking. Oh well. Always the next time I guess. My weekend wasn't steamless as I had 7911 Lady Margaret Hall on a Bristol to Paddington 1A78 and 7805 Broome Manor on a Reading to Bristol goods. In my dreams? No. On my big model railway!!