If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

55189 bow's out.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by ruston165, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Ticket Examiner with First Scotrail on Glasgow Que
    Hope the mods dont mind another topic on this.

55189 had its last steaming day on Saturday the 7/3/09, and ran a members only train from Boness to Manuel, the loco will be kept complete for the time being (all will be revealed in due course). She will make an early entry into the workshop for overhaul with a hopefull return off 2010. Would like to take this opportunity to thank everybodyn who participated and contributed towards this event, and also the SRPS members who travelled on the special train on saturday and who threw money in a donations bucket for the locomotive. these charters have proved very succesfull over the last week, not gonna say exact figures but this money will go a looooooong way in the overhaul and cost off materials. So if u had any involvement in this, u deserve a big pat on the back.

Here is some off my photos from saturdays special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full collection can be viewed here :- http://www.ruston165.fotopic.net/c1663378_1.html

As always, comments welcome.

Lee

2. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Lee

it was a pleasure to be part of the project and get up to see her at the end on February . Can we have her back in Black please (if only for a little while !)

3. ruston165

ruston165 New Member

Ticket Examiner with First Scotrail on Glasgow Que
    Martin, without yourself and other organisers joining in and supporting us, a dont think the repaint would have went ahead. She will be kept in Black and complete for a few months yet, with a hope off doing something else with her in the summer, not in steam off course, but another event where am sure she and another few locos will make a wonderfull sight together. Am sure part off the agreement for her going black was that after overhaul she would return to Caley Blue.but it would be nice to see her run regularly in BR Black, or even LMS Black as 15189? or am i dreaming. lol.

Lee

4. Neil_Scott

Neil_Scott Part of the furniture

Railway servant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    While we are without a working Caledonian Railway locomotive at the moment, attention will soon be back on 828 when it returns to steam later this year.

15189 would look nice in LMS Black and I would quite like to see 17566 in LMS Black or even better, as 17566 in Crimson Lake! ;-)