If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

46115 on S&C and Taff Vale 85s last Vintage train - 2/8/09

Discussion in 'Photography' started by steamingyorkshire, Aug 3, 2009.

1. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Another great day with 46115 hauling 'The Cumbrian Mountain Express' seen on the outward at New Brighton just north of Gargrave and on the return at Ribblehead, Scotch One's Laithe near Hellifield and arriving into Keighley.

I also visited the Worth Valley for Taff Vale No.85's final turn with the Vintage coaching stock which is to be pulled from service next month for overhaul, also in service was LMS 3F No.47279.

Thanks to Kieran for doing the driving on the return leg of the CME and sorting the Keighley shot etc...

46115 Footage available here
    KWVR Vintage Train Footage Available Here

2. pennysteam

pennysteam Well-Known Member

analyst computer programmer
    Well, don't know how I missed you on Sunday as I was up and down the line all day filming Taff myself, didn't see another sole (line side that is), trains were was packed as ever and Taff put in the performance of an engine just into its ticket instead of near its end. As I said I was mainly filming myself but I did manage to bag a few nice photo's as well.

[​IMG]
    This one is from actual film footage of the camcorder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This last one is from on top with the Jinty running up the valley.
    [​IMG]