If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

44871 on Glen Douglas

Discussion in 'Photography' started by royce6229, Feb 23, 2009.

1. royce6229

royce6229 Well-Known Member

No photos again but certainly a memorable climb and if you like the music from the chimney then you should like this. Just close your eyes, play it loud through some decent speakers and imagine her battling up the twisting slopes of Glen Douglas.
    Scroll down the page for the 44871 recording, its quite long so be patient while it loads.

http://crjennings.com/preserved%20steam ... Index.html

2. Linesider

Linesider Well-Known Member

Fabulous recording Chris - what drama. Sounded superb through the speakers I've invested in; just a pity steam is so rare on that line.

3. royce6229

Many thanks David, after each slip you can hear the rush of water accross the line, it really was a suoerb bit of driving and for once it was in daylight. It has to rate as one of the finest lines for steam. Glad to hear you have some good speakers, you can wake all the neighbours now!

4. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Even though I'm not a big fan of Black 5's that is very good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

5. royce6229

Glad you enjoyed it
    I have my favourites as well, but when steam is up against the elements it all sounds superb.